So Kev has spent the last hour trying to get Erika to take a bottle. She just screams every time he tries to give it to her. We have tried waiting for a little bit and then trying again. She is starving...sucking on her wrist like crazy, but she just won't take the bottle.
We started giving her a bottle once a day when she was about 4 weeks old to make the transition for when I am working easier. Well, we did really good until the last 2 wks. It is just so much easier to nurse than to pump and then have Kev give her a bottle. She took it with no problem before and if she did fight it, it would only last maybe a couple minutes.
ANY SUGGESTIONS???
Kate Senior Tribute
1 month ago
8 comments:
Make sure the nipple isn't clogged. That happened once with Bryan. I don't have very many suggestions for you. Maybe try two different bottles and see if she likes one of the nipples better on one of them.
hey we started giving brooklyn a bottle once a day or so when she was first born and she takes it really well now. I would suggest trying the playtex nurser bottle. It has the drop in liners and the nipple is supposed to be really close to the real thing and kind of like nursing. thats what we use and it works really well! good luck!
From what I've been told, the Gerber NUK orthodontic bottles supposedly have a more nipple like bottle top, so it's supposed to help the transition and help with teeth development. I'm not speaking from experience, just word of mouth.
i wish i could trade you problems. :) Lydia prefers the bottle, and if I had my way, I would just nurse her (no bottles at all), but she is boss...
Pray specifically for her to take it!
I agree-try different nipples. Maybe the silicone (clear) ones versus the rubber (brown) ones taste different. It may be worth a try if you haven't tried that already.
She may also be thinking "Hey what's dad doing on the other end of my food? His job is playing with me." But more likely, she is getting more able to recognize change, so the bottle is weird. Kind of like when you walk past the mirror with a new haircut, and have to look twice! Probably just keep trying. Sometimes little people have a pretty narrow view of how things should be. The good thing is they can learn to adapt. Good luck!
I'm sorry you are having trouble with her taking the bottle and that I have no ideas for ya. That is too bad you don't have your Christmas village. :( I'm excited we can now start decorating and not get funny looks from the neighbors. ha
Thanks! I was so excited to get the decorations! :) So how are you guys doing??
Just keep trying. I understand that sometimes things can get rough, but don't give up. If she doesn't like one type of bottle try anther. But consider it a blessing that you are able to nurse without complications. I promise it's ok if you cry once in a while too! I did.
Good Luck!
~Britt~
Post a Comment