Sunday, November 9, 2008

The new me!

So I have been wanting to cut my hair since like halfway through my pregnany, but didn't dare and didn't want to go too short so that I could still pull it up and not do it. Well, since I have been here is Flag, I have been trying to find a good place that is in my price range. (Most places around here are at least $30) Finally I was recommended this place downtown that was only 18 if you just got the cut with no blow dry or style. (The blowdry was an additional $7 and the style was $12, thanks but I think I can blowdry my own hair!) Well I went in and showed her a picture of what I kind of wanted and explained I wanted a bob with a little bit of an A-cut. To make a long story short, because my hair is a little curly and I couldn't tell what it really looked like, I got home and ended up doctoring my hair for at least 1 hr and cutting almost 1 1/2-2 inches off the front and blending in the bit of slant that it there now. This girl wasn't to up on listening to what I wanted and just had her idea of what she thought would be cute. Regardless, I am happy with the final product. Kev wasn't too impressed of spending $18 and then cutting it myself though. I told his that I couldn't have gotten the back though. His suggestion to that was have them just cut the back and only charge 1/2. I laughed!! But here are some pics. Maybe since I have a cute haircut I will finally start doing it more often! ya right...it still barely fits in a pony so I am doomed.


We could not get Erika to look at the camera or have a normal face.

So yesterday my friend called because she found this insanely good deal on diapers on Amazon. I bought a box of 264 Huggies for a total of 24.60. I was stoked! Well I just checked my email and I got an email saying my order was cancelled. I went onto Amazon and they are now selling for 70 something. I knew it was too good to be true. Bummer :(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new haircut!! :) That sucks about the diapers...that would have been an amazing deal! It still does sound like a pretty good deal!

Sarah said...

Oh no! Stupid Amazon! They sooo shouldn't be allowed to do that. Sorry. :( It was a pretty amazing deal....Grr

kristin said...

cute hair! I am getting my cut this week (hopefully) so there will be no more little fingers gettin stuck in the ponytail (well the hair under the ponytail. ;) )

It's fun to get to see some pictures of your house...even if it is just the bathroom!

Love yoU!

The Batemans said...

It looks way cute!

Kaylene said...

Cute hair! I have the hardest time finding hair people too, I just get it cut in Utah and deal with it the rest of the time,LOL! Seriously the few times I've had it cut down here they butcher it, it's like they can't figure out thick blond texture or something...

Mr and Mrs Merrill... said...

i REALLY like your hair denise! it looks super cute and seriously...your baby girl, is SO CUTE!! :)

Carrie Fowler said...

Cute hair! I really like it. Ya, it stinks that diapers are so expensive!!!

Joey and Kimber said...

Your too cute!!! I love your hair it looks super nice on you!!!