Well so much for being good at keeping up on blogging. There is really nothing new here. Kevin is busy with school and thankfully his schedule is pretty good. When they first handed out the schedule, it showed he had class everyday from 8-5. After the first few days, we found out he doesn't have to be in class until 10 on two days of the week and gets out about 1 on two other days. I feel very lucky to be able to see him a lot more. I have just been hanging out trying to find energy to finish organizing my house and sewing things for the nursery. I now have the boppy pillow cover made and the crib bumper. I keep trying to get the ambition to finish the crib skirt, but this little one is still so high under my ribs and poking into my lungs, the thought of leaning over a sewing machine for hours is not enticing.
We keep hoping she will come soon, but then again I don't want her to come until the house and nursery are more ready. Kevin thinks tonight (or jsut soon) would be just great. At my doctor's appointment yesterday, I was dilated only to a 1 and 70% efaced. So I guess I am not starting from nothing when I go into labor. I am getting really nervous though. I haven't even given much thought to the whole labor process this whole pregnancy until the last month since I have had a lot of time to just think, but now I am terrified. My biggest fear is tearing. I don't know why, but it haunts me. I know there isn't much to prevent it, so I just get to see what happens.
I have been getting a few good contractions an hour pretty regularly, but nothing more. I have been walking 40-50 minutes every morning trying to help things along, but who knows if that is doing much good. It does feel really good to get out of the house though. I get pretty lonely and bored at home so a little walk in the morning with my neighbor is a good break. And she has the cutest little 6 month old boy that just smiles and laughs at everything. I love it.
Today was pretty crazy. I was cleaning my kitchen and it just hit me that we are forever away from family and that this is my house that I am going to be living in for the next two years. I know I have been here for over a month, but it stills seems unreal. Then Kevin came home and said that in a conversation with one of his friends he was talking as if he were is Idaho again and he said that it really hasn't sank in yet that we really are in Arizona. It was just crazy that we both had these thoughts today. We love it here so much. I start missing everyone especially when my little nieces talk to me on the phone, but I know this is where we are supposed to be. This is such an amazing time in our lives with so many changes and I don't want to regret anything.
Well I will post again when there is something new...hopefully in the next few days:)
Kate Senior Tribute
1 month ago
10 comments:
Yay for a new post. And about the tearing, don't worry about it. I tore pretty good with both kids, and it is not that bad. I didn't even feel it rip with zero pain med. The stitches hurt a little more, but I don't think that the numbing shot they poked me with helped down there.
They give you tucks pads and that will help with swelling if you do tear.
But I don't think that it has sunk in with me either that you are that far away. When I am wanting to see you little one, I think that it will sink it pretty hard.
We love you.
You'll do awesome getting this baby here. It's weird to me you're old enough to have a kid. You will do an amazing job as a mom, though.
You will have to do better at posting pictures once she gets here, though. We all want to see what this squirt is going to look like!!!
Love you and miss you!!!
Tearing really isn't that bad. I only tore INSIDE, but I never felt anything even the few weeks after. I was most nervous for getting the IV, ...to each her own. Good luck with everything. Sleep while you can. ; )
Honestly, you probably will not feel the tear whether you labor naturally or with pain relief. And it is so easily sewn-you'll be fine.
I poured tea on pads and froze them. The tea raises the melting point, and black tea has soothing properties that feel oh so nice while you're healing.
You'll be great.
oh dear! dont worry about tearing... i know that i have never been through it obviously but i have complete and total faith in you! you will make it and just the fact that your dreams are coming true will make it so you dont even notice or care. well i am sure you will notice but not care for the most part! and i really hope i can come down! so so bad just to see you and your house and your baby! wow its so crazy your about to be a mommy! EEK your just always going to be my high school sister to me not stinking married and having children!
You can do evening primrose oil to help with tearing before, or have the doctor put mineral oil on while you're pushing down.
I tore with Michael, and it's bearable. After tearing with him though I didn't tear with the others, but they were significantly smaller (Michael had been almost 10 pounds).
You'll do great! I can't wait to se her!
hey! you are farther along than i was a week over my due-date. I went in the hospital 50% and barely a one...i didnt feel the tear at all..i was pretty numbed up thanks to the epidural! The stitches are a bit sore for a bit but nothing unbearable. If your hospital has a jacuzzi for you to use..i would definitely recommend it!
good luck! Just remember that a little tear will hurt a lot less than a big slice across your abdomen!! ;)
I miss you guys so much too. It is just knowing you are so far away. But, you are definitely where you are supposed to be, and think of how much closer you will grow together, because there is only your own little family to depend on! What a great opportunity!
OH Denise! You will do great! I haven't been through it myself, but of anyone I've talked to about the whole labor thing, no one ever has a horror story about tearing, except for the doctors because it's their job to scare you! :) But you really will be fine, even if that means some healing time after.
You guys are doing awesome! I'm sure it's hard to be away, but you have all the love and support anyone could ever ask for! Enjoy your time in Arizona because come 2 years from now, it will probably be pretty hard to leave!
Oh Denise. How I miss you so much. You are going to be such a good little mommy. I was just thinking today about how soon your baby is going to be here. You are going to do wonderful! And you've got a very good husband to support you!! Christian told me today that we should befriend this couple...and I was like...I don't know if she's my type (the wife). And he said why? I answered...Because she doesn't look like Denise! I'm so happy for you guys and for where your lives are taking you! We love ya.
Post a Comment