Friday, September 26, 2008

Is tomorrow the day?

So I thought I would just update with a little good news...I finally got all the crib bedding done! And I am working on hanging up all the cute decorations I have painted tonight. I think this little girl is just waiting for her room to be done and cute and then she will come (J/K, but I wish!) At the Dr's today, I was a whole whopping 1.5 cm and 80% efaced. I thought that with the last week of having contractions a minimum of every 15-20 minutes, it would have helped things progress a little, but my body is taking its sweet little time preparing itself I guess. I am about exhausted from having such frequent contractions for the last week as well. I have tried to keep up on walking, but between the contractions getting so hard and close together and my hips killing me, I usually have to quit ealier than I would like. My doctor offered to induce me at any time, (including today) but we decided we will wait a little longer and see if we can skip the induction part of it. I have been getting really frustrated though because almost every night, even right now, my contractions get harder and closer together, but then eventually taper off to 15 minutes or so and not very strong. Seriously, as I have been typing this, I have had to stop for 3 contractions because they hurt so bad...maybe I will be lucky tonight and get a baby on my actual due date! I know that is pretty optomistic, but I keep thinking positive so I don't get frustrated. I know it is normal to go over, but like everyone I know in the past few weeks has gone early, except for you Kasey. I pray to have the patience I need to just let her come when she comes. Kevin jokes that she is waiting until his last test on Wed is over, and this seems very far away, but maybe it would be a blessing for him at least. Okay enough of my venting for the night.
Here is a picture of the crib bedding. Thanks to Lynne, we have a perfectly matching purple and white blanket with polka dots! (the Fabric I used is purple and white striped and then purple with little white dots, if you can't see it in the picture) The funny part about this is the front railing is being held up with rubber bands...this is Lynne's old crib and we left part of the rails in Star Valley when we moved. Good thing my mom is coming right after the baby. We'll let you know if anything new happens!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry you are miserable! You are a lot more patient then me; I would have jumped on the offer to be induced. I hope she comes super soon! I love reading your blogs! Sarah (Lainhart)

Laura said...

The bedding looks awesome. Way to go. I hope that she comes soon for your sake as well.

Love you.

Jess & Tal said...

Cute Bedding!! I can't believe you did all that yourself! I had pretty frequent contractions for like a month... but they didnt start hurting until 2 days before I had her, so a ray of hope - she's coming soon:) I'm so excited to see her! Good luck with everything!

kristin said...

super cute! lydia really wants her to come out and play!

Anonymous said...

Hey I had to set my blog to private so let me know what your email address is so that I can add it so you can view our blog! Thanks! Hope she is making an entrance soon! :)

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

the bedding is so cute! I can't believe I never saw the fabric!