Well, I just got back from the doctor's and I am still only 80% efaced, but gained a little headway in dilating to a 2 now! We scheduled an induction for wednesday morning and I am almost hoping that she will now wait and not come until then so Kevin's tests can be done. He only has one test first thing Wed morning and then can miss class after and then miss class on Thursday if needed and then he has no class Fri, so it would work out perfect! I figure for Kevin's sanity and not having to worry about making the tests up after the baby comes is worth the two extra days. My doctor would induce me at any time if I wanted and thinks I am crazy for waiting until Wed. I figure I am notcompletely miserable yet and it will make Kevin A LOT less miserable later on.
It was depressing over the weekend though because Saturday night I thought for sure we were going to have her. My contractions were suddenly very hard and under 5 minutes. The Back pain was like nothing I had experienced so far. This went on for more than 5 hours (as I was cleaning my kitchen and 3 bathrooms, a little last minute nesting I guess) and then I was so tired, we decided to try and get a little rest before going into the hospital. Granted, this was at 2:30 A.M. Well, after lying down for about an hour, they started to become less frequent and not as strong. I was able to get some sleep, but the contractions have yet to pick back up since. I was hoping all that would have helped my cervix out more than it did, but what can you do? All I have to say is I am glad that I don't get the back pain with every contraction...it wore me out completely. At one point later in the evening on Sat, I laid down and was falling asleep for about 1-2 minutes between contractions.
Well, unless some miracle happens, I will update on Wed or Thurs, whatever day she decides to make her show. (Lets all hope that she doesn't wait until Thursday though) I don't remember if the hospital has wireless internet, so it may be a few days later if not. Wish me luck!
Kate Senior Tribute
1 month ago
5 comments:
Oh I am so sorry honey! I hope everything works out! She is going to be the cutest little girl ever! :)
Now that you guys have decided to wait, she will come sooner. She is trying your patience in every way she can!!!
Okay, she probably won't, cause you are my sister.
Love you...the package will definitely get to you while you are in the hospital now, I guess it will be waiting for you!!!
I'm so nervous for you. Best of luck! I hope she waits until Wed so Kevin can finish his test & be there for you. Good Luck!!!
Good luck! How fun to have an October baby!
Good luck Denise! I can't imagine how hard it is to wait, but I'm sure when she's here, it will all have been worth it! The bedding is very cute! She'll be a very blessed and loved little girl!
Post a Comment