I can't believe that Erika turned one last Thursday! She is so ridiculously cute, I can't believe it! An update of what she is up to:
-Jabbers like crazy and laughs at herself all day long.
-Can say a lot of the animals names, doll, mom, dad, and all the others I have listed in previous posts.
-She loves her dolls, especially the new handmade one she got from her cousin Lydia. Whenever she sees it, she stops what she is doing and gets it and gives it a hug. Thanks Lydia (and Kristin)! It is the best Birthday present ever!
-Imitates a lot of the words that Kevin and I say.
-Just today pointed to her teeth when I asked to see them. She has four of them...the two top side ones and the two bottom middle ones. It is so cute!
-Can walk pretty well, but will only do it if it is between me and Kevin, or one of us and the couch. Other times she will start out, but then realize what she is doing and hurry and sit. We have counted up to 20 steps though, so we know she can do it.
-Is doing well putting herself to sleep. Just now, I have listened to her talk and laugh for the last hour before finally falling asleep. Ya, that wouldn't have happened a month ago!
-She is really good at making car noises and drives them all over her tummy. It is really funny, I have never seen her drive them on the ground, just her stomach.
-She is almost only eating real food and is doing very well with the transition!
-Loves her daddy so much! She loves it when he lays on the floor and she will just go and lay her head on his chest and grin from ear to ear. We both LOVE it!
-She is so good at giving "loves" and is the sweetest little girl ever.
-Is already starting to be independent. If she wants something and I get it for her before she has the chance to get it, she will put it back and then pick it up herself.
-She is constantly making Kevin and I laugh. We love her so much and are so blessed to have her as our daughter.
-I can't think of anything else new right now, but I am sure there is plenty I am missing.


8 comments:
Oh, she is doing so great! I love it when they are learning new things and really turning into little kids! I love the butterfly cake and that you took part of the wing off for her personal cake, what a great idea! I might have to do that for Autumn's birthday!
She is so cute in that last picture. It looks like she is dancing. We love our Erika!! Bryan is laughing and smiling at these pictures...I think that he misses her!
How cute! When I saw your pictures on Facebook I didn't even notice it was a match until you told us lol!
I'm working on the picture tonight! I promise I haven't forgotten. The cake turned out WAY cute! And I'm excited she is finally wearing socks and shoes. What a cute little one year old!! Love you guys!
I love the birthday cake picture-story. It's so cute and funny. What a girl... I can't wait to give her hugs! (after giving her time to figure out who I am again)
Those pictures are so funny! I love the cake! I definitely need to improve on my cake making skills before Anna's next birthday!
She really is such a sweetheart. We need to get Erica and Thatcher together more! When do you move? Please call me if you need any help of if you just want me to watch Erica, I am sure Thatcher would love it!
Wow, I can't believe how big Erika is! So good to get a peek in your life. Olivia is so excited to see your pics. Looks like you are doing great! Sure love you! Shells
Post a Comment