Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Girls will be girls

So after inspiration from our friends Lexi and her mom Michelle, we painted Erika's toenails! They are so cute. At first she didn't know what to think and kept trying to eat them, but now I always hold them and say "Oh, cute pink toes!" and she squeals and claps her feet together. She is so funny. And because her feet are still to small for size 1 shoes, she gets to show them off and has had quite a few compliments on them at the grocery stores.

-
Another exciting thing, I am pretty sure she said "momma" today!!! We were getting ready for swim lessons and she was jabbering away like crazy and when I left the room I heard "momma, mom!" I came back all excited and asked her if she said mom, but her reply was "nuh nuh, daddy." Typical for her, but I laughed so hard. Whenever I try and get to her say mom, she smiles and says "daddy" but we will get there soon! M's are not part of her normal jabbering and babbling, but when she is upset and I am not holding her, you will hear a mom or momma, so it was music to my ears to hear her say it in a happy tone!
-
As for a catch up with Kevin and I...
-
Kevin is in his last week of his 5 week clerkship. He has loved it and we were very blessed to get a clinic here in Flag for him to go to. He has learned a lot, and now he just has his huge paper to write about it. He is getting more and more excited about becoming a PT and being out of school together, even though we still have 2 years!
-
I have been working nights since the beginning of June and it is a very hard transition, but working out very well with Erika. One of my patients is doing a college experience thing on campus at NAU so I have been able to work 3 11p-7a shifts a week. Erika is asleep before I go and (thanks to the window darkeners) she sleeps until around 7. I am a little tired from lack of sleep, but life will go on. I just keep telling myself it is only for a short time. We are excited for Kev to be done with his clerkship and are planning a lot of camping and other fun trips for the rest of the summer.

7 comments:

Hepworth Family said...

Cute little pink toes! I can't wait to do that with our little girl! I just think it's so cute!

Michelle said...

It's only just begun... Liz will ask to paint her's as soon as the color starts chipping off. I think it's cute for any size of girls to paint their toes...unless they do it themselves and get it all over the carpet... :O(

kristin said...

so cute! we painted lydia's toenails with pink glitter yesterday, and she thinks it's pretty cool too! can't wait to see you guys! and i canNOT believe that erika's feet are not even size one... lydia wears 5's!

Marlene K said...

Way cute! I loved hearing her talk the other day, it was so little and trusting and sweet. She is a lucky girl. I am so excited to see all of you.

Jess & Tal said...

I love when Tal's toes are painted:) I can't believe her feet are that small! I'm jealous! Tal has grown out of all of her cute shoes!

sue said...

those are precious toes! yay for little erika and her sweet spirit she brings into your home!

Mama J said...

Hey... I snoop!!! I like her lil tootsies! I paint my girls all the time, its our mommy daughter time! Girls are so FUN! See you in the mothers lounge on Sunday! ;)