Saturday, January 10, 2009

Catch-up

So we took a little vacation from blogging (pretty much I just didn't make the time). Our Christmas was great! We ended leaving to Star Valley 2 days early to avoid a storm. Since we decided this at like 5 o'clock on sunday evening, we were out of town by 8 and got to Kanab around 12. we stayed in a motel and got on the road the next morning. We got to Salt Lake and were thinking about just making it the rest of the way, but I don't think that Erika would have handled that very well. Every time we got her back in her carseat, she would fuss a little bit more. She really did travel well though. The next day we made it from SLC to Star Valley in about 6 hours (it normally takes barely 4!) Between bad roads and then Erika being very done with traveling and screaming the last 30 minutes and making us stop to feed her, it was a long trip. I hope we never have to do the trip in 3 days again!

We stayed in SV for about 10 days during which I got to see a lot of friends and spend tons of time with family. We blessed Erika while we were home as well. It was amazing and Kevin gave a great blessing from what I could hear of it. (The microphone was not working and all the little kiddos around me made it really hard to hear.) I finished Erika's dress at like midnight the night before and it turned out way cute! I don't have any pictures on my camera and will have to get some from other people and post them later. Erika loved meeting all her cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. She had lots of smiles and stories for most who held her. The trip back was marvelous. We made it to American Fork and stayed with my aunt and uncle there and them made it from there to Flagstaff in 10 hours the next day. Erika slept for all of it except about 1.5 hours while driving and then the another 2 hours while we were stopped to feed her and change her diaper. She got really good about filling her diaper a couple times and them throwing up as well to make each stop a little longer ;) She did amazing overall...we couldn't have asked for anything better.
Here is a little list of all the things Erika likes and dislikes now that she is 3 months old!

Loves:
  • Trying to fit her whole fist in her mouth when she is hungry
  • Blowing constant spit bubbles
  • Talking (I think she got used to all the noise in SV and now has to make her own)
  • Singing
  • Grabbing anything in reach and putting it in her mouth
  • Laughing (Kevin is the best one to get really good laughs out of her)
  • Baths (She is learning to cope with getting out a lot better :)
  • Her mobile (especially the bright yellow lion...she will follow it around and smile every time it is above her)
  • Snuggling (She has from day 1)
  • Looking in the mirror
  • Sitting by herself in the corner of the couch
  • Her daddy (She will be absolutely screaming...hand her to her dad and she is fine!)
  • Sleeping through the night (Only maybe once a week will she wake up before 7 or so but most of the time she sleeps until about 8:30)
  • Whining (She will make the saddest faces and whine and then stop, look at us to make sure we are watching, and start all over. It is kind of cute, but can get old after a long time of her wailing)

Not quite loving:

  • Binkies (thinks her fist is much better)
  • Bottles (She even refuses them when is sleeping!)
  • Tummy time (which she used to love but now gets too tired trying to hold up her head nad cries herself to sleep)
  • Taking long naps (at least not the last few days...she thinks a few short naps per day is good enough...but she has been going to bed earlier, but I think I would rather have a happy daughter that stays up late than a grumpy daughter who goes to sleep at 9)

Well, that is all I can think of for an update...Here are a few pictures of the past while.

Oh how nice it was when she slept on the drive!

Twinner jammies with the cousins!

Plum tuckered from tummy time :)

After deciding it wasn't all that horrible to get out of the bathtub.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a long trip to make. Can't wait to see picture of Erika in her blessing dress! :D I can't believe you made it, that is so awesome! By the way I love the cute little robe she is wearing...cute!

Michelle said...

Way cute pictures! and way cute you guys all are! It was fun to see you and play lots. Love you sis!

Our Family said...

How fun! I love the holidays because of all the family time! But I have to say, I don't think I would travel very well if I had that long of a drive either!