So the long awaited day arrived yesterday (Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but I had worked the night before and I worked last night and needed some sleep after my appointment and before I went back to work 6 hrs later) and we are following the tradition of all my other sisters and having a little girl!!! Yeah for us. We are so excited and I am already thinking of all the cute clothes and things you get to do with little girls. And Kristin, my oldest sister, is having a little girl this June, and she would have been the only girl in the middle of a bunch of boys on my side of the family, so now they can be friends. Everything on the ultrasound looked great. It was just amazing to watch her little heart and to see all the different parts of her body be pointed out. My doctor recorded the whole ultrasound on VHS for us and I watched it today and if he hadn't pointed at everything and then typed what it was, I would have had no clue what I was looking at. It is way cool for Kevin now because it all seems a lot more real to him. I have had no problems remembering every second of everyday that I am pregnant, between being sick and now feeling her move, I get constant reminders, but for Kevin, he has only seen me being so lazy and tired and getting fatter, so now it is really hitting him. I think that she is really growing and my uterus is moving up a lot because I am so sore! I don't think the pounding the doctor did on my belly to get her to lift her chin helped either though. I love this 3D pic of her little face and hand...I have posted it on my fridge and look at it all the time.

I really can't complain though because I am still feeling pretty decent and only get sick at the end of my long night shifts when I am exhausted. I had to laugh last night. It was 3:45 am and I had a great group of patients, and our charge nurse accidentally kept an extra nurse, so my workload was down and all my patients were sleeping (Miracle!!) I had nothing to do so I laid my head down on the desk and next thing I know it is almost 4:30. I first thought it was later and got all scared because we are supposed to make rounds and get vital signs on pts at 4:00, but I wasn't getting too late of a start. Looked at my charge nurse and she just laughed. I asked why she didn't wake me, and she just said I looked too tired and we could just count this as my lunch break. During my rounds, some of my patients asked why I looked so tired, and I had to confess, but seriously, I felt pretty good the rest of the morning.
Another exciting thing is Kevin is all graduated and now we are both just working full time. Well I kind of am...I am only scheduled 2 shifts a week and I have been trying to pick up one extra one a week, but we have not had very many pt's and they don't need me as much as they thought they would. It has felt good taking a little break though. I have been able to spend a lot of time with Kev since he has 2 part time jobs and one he schedules as he wants. It is amazing how much fun we can have when we are both stress free! One funny thing about graduation is that Kev didn't walk or anything so I don't think that a lot of people realize that he is done. I am just not one to make and send out graduation announcements though :)
If anyone has cute ideas for names...let me know. We are still brain storming.
11 comments:
YAY for girls!! I love that we all have one first. And I love the picture of her. She looks like a cutie!!
And remember if you ever get bored at home...you can always make a little road trip this way!!
Congrats denise. how exciting a little girl. you will be a wonderful mother!!!
Yay Denise! Girls are fun (I am sure boys are too) I love shopping for them though its the best! I am so happy for you. I wish we were going to be closer when you had her. Will the first time you come home be for Christmas do you think? Congrats!
I have been checking your blog like everyday because I knew your appointment was coming up. I am so excited for you! I wish you were going to be closer!
Congratulations!
WAHOO!! Congratulations! That's so exciting to have a little girl! I heard a name the other day and fell in love with it, Kynlee. But it's only an idea. I'm glad that everything is going well for you and the baby!
what about the name Kenslee? I just saw it sidewalk-chalked, and thought it was cute, and kind of like what you mentioned to me the other day...
And congrats to Kevin for graduating!!! What a huge accomplishment!
YAY for BABY GIRL!!!! I can't wait to meet her...she is going to be so adorable (especially with those cheeks she is going have!!) That was so much fun having you guys over on wednesday. (I have two 11's and a green 8!!!--what a blond moment for me.) Hope you guys are having fun in Wyoming.
Denise you are making me angry! you need to post again! When you coming to SV?
Denise! hey! how are you!!! I found your blog looking at maries! im so excted that you are having a baby!!! We are having a baby girl at the end of August too! Are you still in rexburg?
OK, I dreamed lastnight that you actually posted again. LOL! I think it's time. ;) Maybe you're without net while moving? Hope all is well!
Post a Comment