Sunday, April 13, 2008

Blessings

So we have been blessed so much lately.

First of all, I am starting to feel better and only smells trigger gagging and pucking. (Being a nurse, it can happen frequently, but I try to avoid things if I can.) I am starting to look pregnant and love it!! I wore a maternity dress to church and people could actually tell I was pregnant. I lead the music is sacrament meeting and in relief society I finally announced I was pregnant and people were all like, I was guessing, but didn't dare ask. I had to laugh. I went to Shopko on Sat and found a lot of good deals on maternity and had a gift card so it made it ten times better.

Kevin and I have been so blessed to spend time together actually. He is all graduated with his bachelor's and this weekend we celebrated this and m late b-day and went to I.F. for the day. We went mattress shopping, clothes shopping, and played at a park, and just enjoyed holding hands and spending time together with me feeling good! We also got to see Kevin's sister Annie and her husband and 2 kids, (that are adorable) and ate lunch with them and then went to Sam's Club with them since we don't have a membership. We only ended up getting one thing, but it was really fun to watch little Abbie, 14 months) help push the cart around. Kevin loved chasing her too because everyone was saying how cute his little girl was. I think it made him even more exciting to have one of our own. At the end of the day we went to the movies with free movie tickets from my work. We saw Horton Hears a Who and loved it. It is so cute!!! We got home late, but we both slept well for the first time is a long time. (I haven't have a good night's sleep for probably a couple months.)

We found a townhouse to rent in Flagstaff that is a killer deal!! It is 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 1300 sq ft, and has a 2 car garage. We found out we will not qualify for subsidized housing and we will only be paying like $50 more than we would for any 2 bedroom small apartment. The couple is LDS and were looking for a LDS family to rent it, so we got very lucky!! I don't even know what it looks like, but it is only a few years old and in top shape we are told. We will even have a little backyard for me and the baby to play in next summer. I just can't believe we found this deal. Heavenly Father is blessing us so much right now.

Okay, so now a little different subject, I need decorating advise. (Sorry Kristin it took me forever to get this up. We got a bug in our computer for a while.) I bought a new shower curtain and border for my main bathroom and want to paint the lower half of the wall some color, but not sure what. And the picture of the curtain is the first curtain, and it shrunk like 8 inches when it got dried, so I traded it for another one, and am planning on not drying it.




I was thinking maybe the light teal color for paint, but I have no sense of decorating fashion, so I need some help!!!








And here is the border that I bought to go with it. I was thinking of cutting it in half and using the darker half (bottom half in pic) in our main BR and the lighter half in our half master BR. So if any of you have suggestions on the other BR as well, let me know. Thanks everyone!!!






10 comments:

Laura said...

Well you know me and my fashion tips, so I won't be passing any on your way. But I do like the new look of your bathroom. That will be a nice change.

Is that movie one that Callie would like? I have been wondering about taking her to it.

Love you.

Mrs. Rogue said...

I vote red.

kristin said...

fun post - I am glad you are getting feeling better. :)

I would vote lime or yellow for the walls. Probably a bright, sunshiney yellow. I love the curtain - it isn't at all what I was imagining when you were describing it.

And score on the place to live - that sounds like a great place!

The Schwabs said...

Hey, first congrats on all that is going on in your life. I really need to call you but dont know when you are not busy, so you better call me instead!! I am so happy for you. I knew that everything would eventually work out. By the way i like the teal idea, then you could get like bright red and yellow decor for accents. I want to come visit you when you live in Arizona. ha ha. love you and congrats!!

Laura said...

So I was thinking today, and I bet that your new place in Arizona will be quite similar to Kristin's house right now. I think that they are about the same square feet and the same bed/bath ratios. So that might give you something to imagine while you are wondering what it looks like!!

kristin said...

so, right after I told you yesterday that I am starting to feel better (puke wise), I lost it all this morning, right before the dr. office... I think I jinxed myself. :(

sue said...

oh dear i loved your old decorations but haha i like yellow its such a happy color and it will make your legs look tanner since i know you are worrying about that!

kristin said...

legs tanner. :) haha! In your bathroom is for sure where you need your legs to look tanner. :D

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=28377.0
is the link for the maternity pants. You'll probably have to copy and paste the address.

Schwab Family said...

Hey there, well a bunch of friends are doing a book exchange for kids books, you send one book out and sign up six friends, then you end up getting 36 children books, i thought maybe since you are going to be having a child you would like to join, let me know.

Mrs. Rogue said...

I changed my blog address to mrandmrsrogue.blogspot.com