But with our lives...Kevin has submitted his grad applications to UNLV and NAU (Northern Arizona in Flagstaff) and now it is just the waiting game. If we get into Las Vegas, he starts in the first of June and if we go to Arizona, we will leave in August. And if we don't get into either of those, we will submit his North Dakota application and press our luck there. There deadline isn't until the middle of March, so we don't want to waste the application fee if we get into one of the others. He is now just working at the hospital still as a PT tech and then as a TA for the kinesiology lab that he helped write with the health science dept chair. He is now just enduring the rest of his classes and trying to keep motivation this semester, but I am sure he will still do wonderful.
I am still at EIRMC working with post-op pts and loving every minute of it. I get a little worn out working the night shift, but it will only be until we move.(I don't particularly love the day shift nurses on our floor and it is just too hectic for me. ) I have had to cut back on hrs due to not feeling well from the glucophage and other reproductive problems, but hopefully all will pay off eventually. Right now I get to enjoy watching two of my sisters go through being sick and all that other fun pregnancy stuff :) I do keep finding really cheap maternity clothes at target and am building my collection though. I figure that when the time comes, I probably won't be able to find materity shirts for less than $5.
We did go through the Rexburg temple open house and it is BEAUTIFUL! It is a lot smaller than the IF temple, but I am so excited to have one even closer. I asked one of my friends at work to come along with me so we are going on the 24th of this month. She doesn't know much about the church and I am a little scared I won't know all the answers to her questions or something crazy will happen. I am just proud of myself for asking...I was so nervous because I really haven't had an oppurtunity like this before and we were sitting there at like 4:00 one morning talking and the spirit told me I needed to ask her right then. For a few days I had been thinking about her and thinking it would be fun to take her, but wasn't sure she was interested. I didn't know how to approach it, but finally I just turned to her and said, "Camille, what have you heard about the Temple open house?" to my surprise she became really excited and said she knew it was going on, and wanted to go, but didn't know how to get tickets or anything. I finally relaxed and we started talking more about it and figured out a day we both to go. And to make things even better, I went home that morning and there were like 40 open tickets that had been posted for the day and time we had talked about going. It is amazing how when you follow the spirit, things happen so easily. Hopefully I will be able to help her learn a lot about our church!!
I have to run and get ready for work but there is a quick update of our lives. Hope all is well with all of you!
5 comments:
Wahoo for the pictures. It is cute. I love it. See you on Monday!!
Cute pics! It looks way good!
Thanks for sharing about your missionary experience - what a neat thing to have happen. I love those gentle promptings of the spirit. Remember that YOU don't have to have all the answers. You can totally say, I don't really know the answer, let me get back to you, or invite her to listen to missionaries or come to church. The spirit will help you!
hello sis! so i just am posting to say i got a blog too... and so i am assuming that you can get to it from me posting on yours but i am not sure!
Do you have Ciliac? Amory was dx was that about 3 years ago, I'm not sure what the difference is between that and the glucos stuff but it has to be close I would assume. neat story.
um no i havent applied anywhere but i keep looking at radio shack when i drive by but i want something that i can leave in the summer if i end up going somewhere... i just dont know!
Post a Comment