Thanksgiving was a new thing for us this year. I was at work until 1:30 am Thanksgiving day and then had to go back at 11 pm that night so we did our own thing here in Rexburg. I was really nice just to relax and I didn't mess up too much of the food! The pumkin pie definitely didn't work (I need to read the complete directions and look and see if when it says one can, if it specifies how many oz's) I added a whole 12 oz can of evaporated milk when it called for 1 can (5 oz). It was okay though because we were so stuffed from the ham and potatoes and rolls that we didn't have room any ways.
So there is really nothing new in our lives. Kev started school back up after the amazing week off. He took his GRE during the week off and did wonderful! He is really going to town on his applications and getting everything he can done right now. I am so happy that things are really going to start moving now! I am so proud of him! It is pretty crazy that we will be far from Idaho in less than a year. I am kind of scared though because I was looking at different hospitals in the various places and there are all these articles about nurses forming unions and differents crazy things that just don't happen here in Idaho Falls.
Work has been pretty crazy...one night I will be really crazy and my floor will be completely filled with patients and then tonight I got put on call because so many patients got discharged today and they didn't need as many nurses. I was excited because that meant more time with Kev!! My paycheck won't be very big especially where I am cut back on my hours, but at this point, I figure my health and mental sanity is more important. I have an appointment next monday to figure out where we are at with the cyst so I keep praying that I can avoid surgery, but whatever can make my body healthy and ready to try and get pregnant again.
Kate Senior Tribute
1 month ago
2 comments:
Next time you make a pie, I would make something easy like a chocolate pudding pie. They are hard to mess up. That's what I did anyways!
Love you sis!
That is funny about the milk in the pie. I am glad that everything else turned out!
I hope that your cyst can get figured out soon too. Love you!!
Post a Comment