Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lately...

So I know I haven't updated forever, but for good reason. In July I went pretty much full-time at my job to help have enough money for the move. Then the first few days of August we moved. A very long trip, but we made it to Star Valley in one piece. We are storing our stuff there for the next 2 months. We then proceeded to go to 2 family reunions one by Soda Springs and the other by Montpelier, then up to Boise to try and get things going there for when we move there in 2 months, back to SV to get our things we needed in Utah while we live in Orem, with my aunt while Kevin does an internship at Utah Valley Medical Center. It was a CRAZY 2 weeks and Erika is still adjusting to everything but we love it here! Erika and I have the house to ourselves all day and my aunt has 2 birds and hundreds of fish and a huge room full of toys. What more could a two year old want? Erika is crazy and starting into her 2's definitely, but we love her too death and have a blast with her. She is talking none stop and most things are now in 3-4 word sentences. She is very dramatic (in a cute way) and very girly. She is so cheesy, it is hard to get a normal smile in pictures. Here are tons of pictures from our adventure and of course I loaded them so that the newest ones are first...oops. I need to remember the first ones you load are at the bottom when all is said and done:)

Kevin and Erika at the Draper Temple (Weird angle I know, but I wanted the whole temple in the background. Kevin is much better at taking pictures than I am.)

Susan also chopped my hair for me! I LOVE it and I actually do my hair now! It is the shortest it has been since like elementary school, but change is good.
Erika LOVES having a backyard to play in! She also loves soaking herself with the hose or sprinkler!
This is the next day when she didn't want to go outside, but insisted on wearing 2 swimsuits all day. I guess she likes the layered look?!?
Touching the pinata at the Allred reunion. My sister-in-law Annie made it and it was so cute and perfect! I think that Erika was more concerned about it falling apart than anything. She isn't too fond of messy things.
Erika and her cousin Kaia pretending to go on rides. I love that they can now play with each other! I think Erika was a little grumpy in this picture...that is what 2000+ miles and a whole lot less sleep than normal does to you!
This was the extent of Erika playing at the beach. She hates being dirty and hates the feeling of sand, so she enjoyed the little pool and running around with shoes on the whole day.

Learning to golf at the Keeley reunion! I was horrible about getting my camera out, we were just too busy having fun and trying to catch up on sleep! I found her this same little golf set on clearance the other day and gave it to her for an early birthday present. She was so excited.
Having to say goodbye to our friends in Flagstaff. I have to say, I don't miss the town that much, but I really miss our friends!
And sadly it has been so long since I have blogged that I had to include July 4th. Hopefully since I am not working until we get up to Boise, I can update more often!
This was her face the whole parade...not much emotion. But she did love her flag she got there!
When we got home from the parade, we did another little photo shoot and I couldn't get her to sit still for the life of me! In this one she is getting ready to jump like a frog. She is too funny!
And here are just a bunch of random cute pictures from the last couple months.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

she's so cute and looks so grown up! I can't believe you guys have moved. We'll definitely miss you!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! When I get back in town we'll have to go to the park or something super soon!

Michelle said...

I love the pics too! I wish we had more from our reunion...

Nichole Christensen said...

Denise I LOVE your hair! I'm so sad we never got together before you left. It was totally my fault. I'm so sorry!