So this year we decided that Kevin needed a break, and my work schedule worked out so that we could go down to Phoenix for 3 days! It was a blast. This is the first ever family vacation that we have done with just the three of us and no schedule. We made it to a Rockies vs Mariners Spring Training game (Go Rockies!!!), the zoo, and the temple. It was beautiful weather. The first day was mid 80's for the baseball game and then it was mid 70's for the zoo and temple the next 2 days. We got an awesome deal for a very nice motel through priceline so we spent 2 nights and swam in our spare time. Erika loved swimming, but it was pretty windy so she spent most of the time in the hot tub! Kevin and I have not been to the temple in a VERY long time so it was wonderful to go and do a session.
I think that Erika decided to grow up a couple months while we were gone because she is now VERY independent and picky about things. She is also talking up a storm. She copies most of what we say and is the smartest little girl. At the store yesterday there was a shirt with stars and hearts and she kepts saying "sarrs, arts" and trying to point my head toward the shirt. It took me a minute to realize what she was saying because I didn't know she knew what a star and heart were. She gets so excited when she talks and we understand everything! We have a lot of frustrating moments when she just keeps saying things over and over and I still can't figure out what she means. She has also started putting "I" before things and saying "pease" (please). I love it. I think one of the cutest things that she says right now is "I lllove" for I love you. It melts my heart every time. Especially when she comes running up to give me a hug while she says it. Is is the biggest sweetheart and has both Kevin and I wrapped around every one of her fingers!
The past couple weeks have been rough with her eye teeth finally coming through. Okay, not just rough...it has been MISERABLE! I have felt so bad for her. She could have tylenol, motrin, teething tablets, and orajel in her and still be just crying! It got so bad that she was hurting herself (biting her hands and arms, banging her head on everything, throwing herself to the ground or into whatever was close) that I took her to the doctors to see if there was something else going on, but nope, just teeth. The poor girl :( She hit her head on the ground just right and even popped a blood vessel in the top of her ear. It is pretty nasty looking! She has been getting a little the last 2 days and doesn't need as much medicine and isn't hurting herself as frequently, so hopefully the end is near! Just a heads up...there are a lot of pictures!
Kate Senior Tribute
1 month ago
6 comments:
Looks like tons of fun! I'm jealous that you got to enjoy such warm weather...I'm pretty sure I have to wait for another three months for 80 degree weather. Erika is a cutie by the way!
Looks like tons of fun! I am jealous of the warm weather too. Erika is getting so big and I say she looks tons like you! You look gorgeous as always too! Glad you guys were able to get a little vacation in.
Looks like it was a fun trip! Zoos are the best. Love you lots.
what cute pictures! erika is such a cutie pie. :) we miss you guys - we definitely have to plan a get together this summer sometime.
lydia was sitting on me lap as i read this out loud to her and when i read the go rockies part she repeated causing her parents to yell out NO GO DODGERS! haha family feud...
Happy Birthday Sister! Love you.
Post a Comment