Wednesday, April 14, 2010

18 months and oh so cute!

So, this post is a little late, but Erika had her 18 month appointment on the 7th and here are her stats:

Height: 32 3/4- 79th%
Weight: 18 lbs 1 oz-less than 3rd%
(Her doctor said she isn't even on the chart really!)
So she is even taller and skinnier pretty much! But she is healthy and only has 1 more eyetooth to pop through!!! YEAH! She is starting to eat more again and hopefully will put some weight on! It doesn't help that she is a VERY picky eater, but she has started liking PB&J's more, so I load them up with peanut butter!


Some of the ADORABLE things she is up to these days:

-Saying "I llllove" and then giving us hugs! She usually forgets the 'you' part, but it melts my heart!

-Saying "pease" with the most innocent shoulder shrug and smile for most requests.

-She loves family prayer! Every night we go up stairs and after we brush her teeth, she runs to the top of the stairs to call for Kevin. She yells "come'on Dad!" Then he always asks what for and she folds her arms, bows her head and states very proudly "Fam payer!" She has even been requesting that she and I say a prayer before naps too! I love it.

-She loves going to the park and she talks about "swinging" the whole way there every time, but really does not like the swings once she gets in them. It cracks me up. She does loves the slides and we cannot be standing at the bottom to catch her because she wants to do it herself. She isn't independent at all :)

-She really likes to feel big and do things on her own, but still can't a lot of things and gets so frustrated and will finally comes and get me and ask for "elp, pease!" I love it. At least she doesn't throw tantrums when she can't do things anymore. While she was in the middle of her nasty teething, she had tantrums seriously every 20-30 minutes. It was rough!

-She loves ramps! At the 2 different parks we play at, there is a sidewalk that is slanted and then the other one has a long ramp leading up to the toys. She spends most of her time running up and down them. She got her first black knee today when she fell :(

-She is very shy. No one but Kevin and I get to hear her constant talking and craziness. She goes silent and stares when she is around most other people. I don't think most people believe us about how much she talks!

-She will spend hours at the kitchen sink standing on a chair playing in the water. I run a very small stream for her, and she will fill her little spoons and my measuring cups for drinks.

I love the stage she is at. We have sooo much fun and laugh constantly!


Whenever I want to take pictures lately she folds her arms and gives a very cheesy grin. She is wearing my apron because she was drenching herself at the sink! I really need to make one more her size :)
An attempt to capture the shoulder shrug.
She has the funniest quirks! This is a new game...putting the blocks in your mouth before they can be added to the tower! This is why the blocks usually don't come out when friends are over :/ She loves building "owers" (towers) and "cashing" (crashing) them and then rebuilding over and over and over and over!
Her poor ear after banging her head on the floor during the wonderful weeks of her eye teeth coming in! I felt horrible :( I couldn't get a picture of the worst part of it closer to her head...she wasn't to happy with me bending her ear! It went away really quickly luckily.

5 comments:

Laura said...

She is growing up!!! I cannot believe it. We miss you guys.

love you.

kristin said...

cute! she really is growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big! I can't believe she is a year and a half. Hopefully she won't be hurting so much with the 2nd eye tooth. AUGH!

Jason and Jackie said...

She is so swet. Can't wait til August to see her! Hope you guys are doing well.

sue said...

oh i love the shoulder shrug! so so cute...