Friday, November 27, 2009

Just Erika

So here are some pictures of Erika lately. I seriously think that Kevin and I spend half of our time together just laughing at this girl. She has quite a strong personality and is adorable! She is becoming more of a toddler every day and I love it. I love watching her grow and learn. Even if it includes her being miserable from teething FOREVER! Our biggest challenge right now is preventing the constipation that has accompanied every single tooth she has gotten so far. Luckily she just got 2 together so it spared us one run of a miserable 2 weeks and a horrible rash after :( She is doing awesome in everything. She tries to repeat a lot of what we say and pretends a lot right now. I got her a little people nativity set for an early Christmas gift and she loves carrying "babe Jesus." She also loves pointing to her baby Jesus and then going the kitchen and pointing to the picture of Jesus we have on our fridge and saying "Jesus, Jesus." We love this girl so much!
Doing her aerobics...she stepped on and off of the fit board in all directions for almost 20 minutes and then cried when we put it away to get pj's on.

This poor girl had the WORST diaper rash and here she is running around trying to let it air out, but also trying to stay warm. Our house was freezing! I had bought this toy for Christmas, but she needed something to cheer her up after her torturous diaper changes, so I gave it to her early and she loves it! Getting ready to walk to the park since the weather is still beautiful! I love her cute hat too! (Gotta love Old Navy clearance!)Running away from the camera...She ran back and forth like ten times just laughing as I tried to snap pictures. She thought it was hilarious and it really was :) Her big blue begging eyes

This picture is just to prove her hair is growing...at least in the back! She is going to have a mullet that needs to be cut soon!

As for Kevin and I...We are still just trying to get completely settled into our smaller place, but LOVING being in town. I get 3 more hours a week with Erika because I don't have to drive 25-30 minutes to work! Kevin is so excited for the long Christmas break and that he is halfway done with school! I am excited too because I am that much closer to being able to not have to work. I do love my job and it is probably my first job that I don't dread heading to work on the days I work. I feel very blessed to work with such a flexible company and family so that Erika doesn't have to go to a sitter at all.

As for Thanksgiving, we had an amazing meal with just the three of us. And I did not mess up one thing! It is the first big meal that everything has turned out...including the rhodes roll (pathetic I know). We have so much to be thankful for at this time and I am so glad that we have this chance to be on our own and build our little family. And we are getting VERY excited to see family at Christmas! We hope that life is wonderful for all of you!

Another new post below!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

aww, she's growing up! I can't wait to see you guys next week.

Michelle said...

I love her hat! We miss you!

kristin said...

i am glad the pumpkin pie turned out! we missed you guys so much this week. and, i hope we can come see your home sometime!

Laura said...

Man, I miss her...counting down days til we get to see you guys!!!

emily said...

Would you find me a picture of your bath bed that you were discribing in your comment? Thanks for your comments. It's so helpful to hear what other people have found helpful. Even though everyone is different most mom's have the same opinion about what was helpful.

M&M Malouf Family said...

That's great that you are able to be with Erika more. She is sooo darling! And I am so proud of you for your success with Thanksgiving! Wahoo! Who cares if it's Rhodes--everone needs a little extra help sometimes. You guys are great. So fun to get to peek in on your life. Sure love you. Shelly