Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our next trip to Utah/Wyoming/Idaho

So after being home for 3 weeks, we decided we missed our families too much and packed up and drove the 12+ hrs again for 2.5 weeks of fun. Okay, we did miss our families, but we hadn't planned on going for that long the second trip. I didn't have any work scheduled for the week prior to going to Wyoming for reunions, so we left a week early and Kev worked for both our parents and I took care of Kev's Grandpa who had just come home from a rehab center from having a stroke. We loved seeing family again and wish that we would have had time to see friends. I don't think that we saw any of our friends at all the whole time we were there :( We just ran and ran and then had two different family reunions. I wish that I would have had my camera out more, but I totally forgot most of the time!

The Andersen (my mom's side) reunion was a blast. We first went to Lava Hot Springs and played in the pools. This was my first time there and I wish I had gone more when I lived close, it was fun! We then made it to Rexburg and stayed the night at my friend Nancy (close friend from nursing school) and her new husband Steve's place. We LOVED seeing both them and our other awesome friends, Nikki and Christian. It was Christian's birthday so Nikki had pie and ice cream to celebrate. Her adorable mom, Cathy, was also there and Erika went to her with no problems! This was probably the first person since we had been there that she had gone to without freaking out. I was excited! The next morning we went on to Island park and stayed through Sunday with all of my Mom's family in a cabin on the shore of Henry's Lake. We hadn't seen a lot of them for a long time, so it was awesome to catch up.


This is at Lava...Erika's first redvine! When Kevin tried to take it away, she glared so hard and then started yelling at him, it was pretty funny! She has sunscreen in her eye so her left eye is all watery and swollen, we finally got a different kind and have a lot better luck!

All worn out from swimming.She loves the water so much, it is cute!

We then went back to SV for a few days to work and then we were off to the Allred Reunion. We stayed in a cute house at the base of Mink Creek and played at Bear Lake, went to Minnetonka Cave and went four-wheeling. It was a BLAST! Late nights with the game party pooper get pretty crazy to say the least :)

Erika is extrememly grumpy in this picture because we had just tried to get socks on her. She hates them and will do anything to get them off. We finally just wrapped her in a blanket and halfway through the cave put them on real quick and wrapped her up again. She forgot about them after a few minutes.




Bear Lake!!! Nice farmer's tan huh?
I was amazed she kept this hat on, it was the first time ever!


Just a funny picture after I was messing with her hair.
One morning while we were eating breakfast, I looked away for a couple minutes and this is what I found when I turned around. I still don't know how she did it. It made us laugh though.
On our way back to Flagstaff, we went through Blanding, UT and saw Kevin's grandparents again. It has been so nice living close to them because we have seen them pretty often since we have lived here. Of course I didn't pull out the camera so no pics.
Another post below from our first trip to WY this summer.

4 comments:

kristin said...

so fun to see all the pictures! I am so glad we got to see you and spend some time with you guys. Erika is getting so big - I can't believe it!

love you!

Jared & Courtney Jackson said...

I have not been to the Minnetoka caves since I was little! I bet it was fantastic. I must go again!

Tammy and Brian Family said...

What a fun time you guys are having! I love her hat! What a cute family!

Bethany said...

wow, what a great trip!