Monday, May 4, 2009

She speaks!

Erika has started saying "Daddy!" When I was at work the other day, he kept working with her to say it and eventually she did. Before then she would never say "dadada" in her jabbering, but now it is her favorite thing. I know that obviously that isn't her referring to her dad, but occasionally she will reach for Kev and say "daddy." I love it!!

She also has fallen in love with the piano. She is pretty good at playing and singing to the songs on the keyboard. She also loves to grab Kev's fingers when he plays and try to help out.

Does her hair look more blonde to you? I think that it is actually coming in a little bit and it looks blonde to me! I told Kevin I want to put a wig on her to see what she looks like with hair. She started laughing and panting like a puppy (which she does when excited) and Kev just looked at me like I was crazy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I can't believe how much she has grown up already. She is getting so big! I think her hair looks a little bit of strawberry blonde. :)

Mikidees said...

Hey Denise! I didn't even know about your blog until I saw you as a visitor on mine. I'm so lucky! Erika is super cute! What beautiful eyes!
Danica

Karen Whyte said...

I'm glad you found my blog, because I've taken a peek at yours every now and again, and yes, sometimes I do blog surf!! Erika is so cute by the way!

Katie Joyce said...

Oh my gosh she's getting so big! They get big so fast. There's no justice in that. But Denise, babe, she's adorable.

Linda said...

Denise, It is so wonderful in the middle of the night when they say, "Dada!!" It finally happened with Jimmy, when he was a baby. . . (Why didn't I think to teach the others to say DADA sooner!!) Erika is ADORABLE!! and growing up so fast! (I haven't seen your blog in a while). Hope you're enjoying Flagstaff. We're not too far away, you know. . .
Karen

Hepworth Family said...

She is so so cute! I love it when they start to figure out words and talk! It's so cute!