Saturday, December 25, 2010

Can't Sleep

I am finally finding time to catch up a little! Since I was supposed to work tonight, I took a big long nap and so here I am wide awake and ready to be awake all night :( I thought I would finally catch up a little. There will be no pictures because they are on our other computer, but hopefully soon!

Changes in our lives lately---

-We moved to Boise in the middle of October. We are renting a house and love it! We have a garage and pretty big back yard and it feels so nice to not be sharing walls anymore! We are hoping to buy a house here in the spring, so we will be moving again soon, but it will be worth it!

-I am now a full-time pediatric nurse at a hospital here in Boise and most nights I really enjoy my job! (Like when there are actually kids on the floor and I don't have to take adults!) The hospital made some changes right before I started and they lost a lot of their Peds nurses, so I was grateful they were so desparate and I got a job so easily! It has been hard though to come into the big political mess at the hospital, but I can't complain because I have a paycheck. The only reason I started work full-time was to save for a down payment and also so we can qualify for a loan. We were told that if we get the loan prior to Kevin paying on his school loans, they don't count as debt, so thus why I get to be the super sugar momma for a while. I count down the days until I get to go part-time, and working nights is rough, but I can make it through!

-Erika turned 2!!! She is so grown up and talking in full sentences most of the time. She never fails to make us laugh. She is such a tease and knows how to get our attention. She is so smart. She has memorized 4-5 of her books and insists on reading them to us nightly. We can't even touch the book because she is a "big girl" and can do it herself. She also knows a ton of songs. She does make me sing them with her, but she usually ends up going faster and singing a line or so ahead of me. I love it! I love every minute I get to spend with her and sometimes get so sad because I know I am missing out on so much, but I just pray that I am doing enough in the time I do have with her. It has been hard for her to go from having her dad home all summer, to then having me home for the 2 months we were in Utah, to now having both mom and dad work full-time, but she does well. My sister-in-law, Jackie, watches her when I sleep and Erika loves her little 3 year old Jaxon! She seriously thinks he is the funniest person on the planet and usually they get a long quite well. I have been so grateful for Jackie's willingness to be flexible with my changing schedule and I don't think she will every really know how much we have appreciated her! Thanks Jackie! You have been a life saver! Erika is definitely 2, but still the sweetest thing ever. I hope that she will continue to adjust to our schedules and we will all be happier.

-And last of all, I am PREGNANT! I am due June 2nd and we couldn't be happier. Everything is looking good and I have been feeling the baby since about 15 or so weeks, so that is so reassuring! I have been pretty sick and exhausted, and working full-time nights is rough to say the least, but I have finally stopped throwing up for the most part and I maybe feel like I am getting a little more energy?!? It was a lot easier to be pregnant and working nights when I could sleep all day and I didn't have a 2 year old that I wanted to be awake for and spend time with. And I rememered the other day that I went part time when I was pregnant with Erika. I sometimes think I am crazy, but I will manage and it will make it worth it when we finally get our own house. And I will know it is because of me that we could buy one this early...haha don't tell Kevin I said that!

We are so blessed to be where we are and having these experiences. I am so grateful that I do have my education and that I am able to help keep the student loans a little lower and help save up for a house. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and that Santa visits each and everyone of you! He came to our house a night early where I thought I was working tonight, so I can say we were not on the naughty list :)

3 comments:

emily said...

Congrats. That is so exciting. I often find myself saying as soon as Kevin is done I'll get to stay home but I think we will be in a similar situation as you. Thanks for sharing your experience and giving me strength to fight through and keep a positive attitude. I feel like we are very different for a lot of people around us but I guess we all get where were going

Hedins said...

Congratulations on the new babe! I'm so excited for you. Hopefully I'll get to see you soon!

Jared & Courtney Jackson said...

Congratulations on the baby! I have family in Boise, maybe next time we swing through we can meet up. Glad you are doing well!