Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Time Catch Up

I know that we have been HORRIBLE about keeping this updated, but we have been busy with summer time and spending tons of time as a whole family!!! This is most likely the last summer ever that we will have this much time to spend with Kevin, so we are taking advantage of it. I am still just working part time and Kev is home just hanging out. We figured why make him work some low paying job full time and we will never see him, when I can work very part time and make just as much (if not more) and we get to spend a lot of time as a family. I still love my job and I am pretty lucky because Erika almost never has to go to a babysitters and she and Kev can come and see me anytime at work. She loves the little boy I take care of and always asks to sit by him in bed. She will just hold his had and look at him. I love it! Kevin just has one more 3 day class this summer and then all we have left is interships! WAHOO!!! We will be in Orem, UT for 2 months starting in August, and then we move to Boise for the last 3 internships and most likely stick around there. Here is a ton of pictures from the last few months. I will do a post soon all about Erika and how much she is growing up and talking and everything else!
I had all the pictures in order, starting from the most recent, but then realized I had forgotten our camping trip to Lake Powell so they are at the top because it was too hard to move them to the very bottom. We went to Page with a few other couples from Kevin's PT class in mid May and it was an adventure. Between loud drunk neighbors keeping us up until almost 3 and then Erika waking for the day at 5, we left a day early, but enjoyed a day at the beach first even though the water was still way to cold to swim in. (Or at least we thought so)
She HATES the sand. Right here she is saying "sticky" and won't walk the few more steps to the towel. She is such a funny girl!
The only way to get to her walk in the sand was telling her she couldn't chase the birds unless she walked :) This last weekend we had a little nursing school friend get together in Gilbert. It was a blast, but I am still bitter that I didn't get any sun while everyone else got burned! What is up with that?! The weather was perfect (not too hot!) and I miss these girls already!

The previous weekend we made a mad dash down to Phoenix for the evening because the Rockies were in town, so Kev got his Father's Day gift a little early. Here is the napless little trooper! Who needs them anyway?
Lots of fun at the park! She loves this big slide, and could have gone down it again and again all evening if we had let her.
Kev and our good friend Darren grilling. YUM!Doing a silly task for the game Minute to Win It at our friends' house. It really was a blast!
She was a little tired since we kept her up til almost 10! I think she has just as much fun as us when we go to the Kemptons!

Oh how she loves the chalk. She begs for it every time we walk out the door and see this! We can't go to the park in Bellemont without spending most of the time throwing rocks into the lovely reclaimed water pond.
This was a huge deal for Erika...She would adopt these two as her second parents if she could! She is still very shy and usually doesn't take to people this well!
Just a cute picture browsing the ads. I am teaching her well. :) She loves to go "shopping." She usually prances around the house yelling this when we get ready to go anywhere. This is a daily occurance most days!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for pictures!! We sure love and miss Erika!

Marlene K said...

So fun to see pics! thanks! I can't wait til you are living closer to us.

kristin said...

fun! i love all the pictures! she really is growing up so much!

love you guys. :)

Anonymous said...

She is so stinking cute! Where in Orem are you going to be? Do you know yet? We are off of 1600 North. I would love to get together sometime while you are here!

Michelle said...

I love the mischievous smile in the last picture! She is totally laughing at herself! Funny thing--she looks like Laura in that picture...just like Liz did at that age...hmmm...How does Laura do that???

Kaylee and Phil said...

That is so funny that Erika hates the sand!