I am posting so much tonight because Kevin is writing a paper and I have been banned from talking to him because I am so much of a distraction :) I just can't keep my mouth shut if I am in the same room, so I have locked myself in our office and am updating the blogging world!
I seriously can't believe that Erika is almost 11 months! On our walk tonight, a neighbor asked how old she was and when I told her, she said, oh Almost a year huh? It hit me then that yes, she is almost a year! Crazy, crazy.
A few new things since my last update.
*She cut her first tooth during our last trip to Wyoming, but if you try to get a look at it, it is near impossible to unclamp her jaws. I think that she is getting another one right now as well.
.
*She is crawling like crazy and cruising all around the furniture. When she gets to the end, she really wants to take off and walk, but can't find the courage usually. A few times I have had to run and catch her because she will just let go and start going, but her balance isn't quite good enough yet to just take off by herself.
.
*She is a teaser. She loves pretending to feed you her food, but then pulling it away and eating it herself and then laughing.
.
*She really knows she is funny. She will do something, look at us and laugh. If we don't start laughing right away, she does it again and looks at us until we do laugh.
.
*She is such a girly girl. In the store the other day, Kev was trying to get her to look at Mickey Mouse, and she had no reaction. A minute later we passed a nightgown with princesses on it and she went crazy! She was trying to grab it and squealing so much. I about fell on the ground laughing. The other night I put this gorilla next to her and she just waved her hand saying "AAAHHHH" and then hit it with another toy. We got it on camera and I will post it some other time. (I don't know how to get things from the camera to the computer, that is Kev's job usually :)
.
*She jabbers so much. She will look at you and just start talking. Her little tongue is going all over the place and I really think she knows what she is talking about. Her vocab is growing so fast. She now says, Daddy, Mom, Dog, Bird, Hi, Hey, and Bye-bye. It is so funny, her waves for hi and bye are different. For saying hi, she waves normally, but for bye-bye she holds her hand palm up and makes a fist over and over. It is so cute! She really tries to copy us when we are reading her books and pointing at things. Like for squirrell she says "sq" and tractor is "tr." I can't believe how fast she catches on to words.
.
*She is coming out to have quite an attitude right now. If things don't go as she wants them, we know about it. Her moods change from minute to minute and it seems that walking always makes her happy no matter how mad she is.
.
*She suddenly turned into a momma's girl while we were in SV last time and it has made for some long days while I am at work again. Hopefully she will get back into the groove of things again soon. I don't mind that she loves me so much, but I feel bad for Kev. She seriously used to take him over me anytime and suddenly stopped.
.
Here are some random pics from the last little bit
One hot momma who looks like a bug in her sunglasses. Too bad she only leaves them on if she is looking in the mirror or we are holding her hands walking with her.
Kev took this while I was at work. She kind of looks mad that he isn't helping her out :)

6 comments:
She is getting so big and grown up! Love you guys!!!
That is crazy how big she is getting. I love all the posts. You look amazing Denise! I wish I would have known you were in the valley. I was there the end of July for a funeral.
11 months~Wow, time really does fly by! She so beautiful, I love the sun glasses!
sounds like quite a hoot! she is such a cutie!
It's crazy how fast time went by huh!!! Brookyln does the scrunchy face too! It must be normal for that age group!!!
Haha she is just such a cute little stinker! I love it! Miss you tons!
Post a Comment