I know it has been forever and I am sorry. I haven't had my camera out much and so I really didn't think I had anything exciting to post about without pictures :) But life has been crazy. Erika's sleep schedule has been so irradic that I can't keep up on my own sleep very well. Over night she went from sleeping 10-11 hrs to sleeping only 2-6(on a very good night). That was three weeks ago and she is usually only waking up once now, but still I don't understand it. She is funny because she is dead tired and goes to bed about 8 but usually about 1-1.5 hrs later she is awake and attacking her hand because she is hungry. I feed her and then she is good for about 4-5 hrs. And it is funny because no matter what time she wakes up during the night, she is ready to be up for the day between 7-7:30. Which is good though because I work out at 8 with my friend and I need to be a little less top heavy to run :)
She loves to laugh and I have a video of it, but am having a hard time figuring out how to get it on here for you all to see. I will keep working on it because she is hilarious. She has started laughing at herself and I love it. When I was getting her ready for church, she kept making these gurgling noises in her throat and then laughing so much. I about died laughing. She is obsessed with sucking on her hands. It so hard to keep them clean and warm, but we do the best we can. Erika also is learning about her toes. When lying the ground, she always has her feet in the air and grabbing at her toes. She is getting ot the point where she can almost pull her sock off. And the rare occasion that we do take her socks off, she loves to pinch her toes. It is so cute!
She is a little jabber box. She has the highest pitch squeal that sometimes hurts my ears it is so high. She will talk back and forth to us to quite a while. She loves being thrown in the air and it is so funny because she always extends her right leg out and forward and bends her left leg up. And then she just laughs and smiles when in the air. Starting last night, after one throw, her hand is in her mouth no matter what. I just don't understand why she loves her hand and still refuses a binkie! She will even stop nursing to suck on her hand...crazy girl.
At her 4 month appointment she weighed a whopping 12.4 lbs and was 25.5 inches. still in the top percentiles for height and lower for weight. She did go through a bad bout of exzema though. And then in an attempt to make it better, we used Eucerin after the Pediatrician recommened it and her skin really didn't agree with it...see below. And this is about a day and a half after the intial reaction. I felt horrible!!! She is growing so much and it is amazing just watching her learn and explore new things.
We started her on cereal in an attempt to help her sleep through the night again and she loved it for about a week and them refused it for about a week and now she is liking it again. It is really funny though because she will clamp down on the spoon before it is really in her mouth...thus the handle-bar mustache in the picture.
And in the middle of this post, Kev just surprised me with a way early birthday present...a new camera!!!!!!!! It is the one I have been drooling over forever and it came on sale this week for the cheapest we have seen it yet. I am so excited. Now I really will have fun and get more pictures up soon! Hopefully some video will be up soon.
As for Kevin and I...Kev had last week off of school due to a big PT convention thing in Vegas that was too expensive for us to go to, but he is loving school and getting antsy to be done. I am still job searching. The one promising position at the hospital was suddenly dropped because of budget cuts. I have applied to a Home Health place and am just waiting now. Dreading the day of going back, but stressing over not having an income! I love being a mother and wish I could jsut stay home forever.

6 comments:
That's so cute about her toes!
Poor baby with such awful eczema.
She is so cute and growing up too fast!
So much fun! I have been wondering what in the world you guys were doing. I guess I could call. ;) We miss Erika a bunch - give her a hug and a kiss from me and Lydia!
Cutie patootie! Thanks for posting pics. Love you guys!!
She sounds like such a little cute one! (she is very cute by the way, but her little personality sounds like so much fun). I just keep wondering what it will be like, so I love reading posts like this! It makes me very excited! Good luck with the job hunt!
Hey! She is getting so big - they grow too fast, don't they? As far as her sleeping schedule - Tal goes through the same thing. It has happened 3 times now. She will sleep really well for a month straight, then all of a sudden not want to sleep at all. I asked her docter, and she said it could be her growing spurts! Whatever it is, hopefully it gets back on track for you guys. Its funny how much we appreciate and long for a good nights sleep now! Ha. She is too cute!
Yay, I love our Erika. She is growing up!
Post a Comment